12.8.14

BASIC INSTINCT


 (These photographs are from session 1 of 3! Look out for the next 2 sessions :) ) 



Maria wears:
Uniqlo button down shirt
Photos by Andra Ramadhan



I recently got together and sat down with one of my best friends, photographer Andra Ramadhan, for a very quick, simple, honest, easy, and refreshing photo session. For a brief moment, we left behind the glitz and glamour, pounds of thick makeup, hair extensions, overflowing ball gowns, and simply went back to basics. There is something so beautiful about black and white photography for me, and it was a joy to focus on the beauty of that simplicity and nothing else.

Moreover, it symbolizes to me much more than just a photo captured in black and white. In the midst of all the drama, hype, craziness, and chaos that make these intricate and complex moments in our day, it's easy to forget the simple joys in life. The friendly smile of a stranger, a good morning message from someone to start our day, the random compliment about what we're wearing, a cup of tea (this is so me!) an act of simple kindness from a friend. Whatever it may be, I find myself much happier in these moments of silence and simplicity when I remember to cherish such simple joys. 

Have an amazing week everyone! 

xx 

Maria 

No comments:

Post a Comment