5.10.14

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK - DAY 3


For the third day we were in New York, I wore not one, but two looks. This post is dedicated to the first of those two looks. 

Before I travelled to New York, an Indonesian brand called Vone Clothing contacted me and was kind enough to make me a custom made piece! Vone clothing is known for their feminine dresses, and I was so excited when they reached out to me. The brand's designer, a woman named Ivonne Magdalena, is such an easy designer to work with. It took her no more than 15 minutes to understand what direction I was going for. She was able to infuse my ideas with the fashion house's aesthetic. 

From the cross over neckline, to the asymmetrical zipped skirt, dramatic peplum, oriental yet modern print - I want gaga over this dress. And since the final result was a little revealing (triangular cut-out in extremely high thigh slit in the front), I thought it would be best to partner the dress with a classic black Zara blazer. 


These pictures were taken at the rooftop of the hotel we stayed in during fashion week; The Empire Hotel. If that name sounds familiar, you're probably a fan of Gossip Girl. It's the hotel that Chuck Bass purchased after he took out his share from Bass Industries (yes, I too was a fan of the hit show)! :D 


DRESS: Vone Clothing BLAZER: Zara SUNGLASSES: Jimmy Choo HEELS: Steve Madden CLUTCHDKNY





xx


Elizabeth

1 comment: